Tuesday 8 December 2015

Bats in my home town

With the rain finally holding up, and the rain clouds abating, sun finally shone through the winter mist driving away gloom, chill and distress.

It was the perfect day to venture outdoor for some sunshine, cheer and shopping. But on my way back I witnessed something that rendered the air a rather spooky feeling and had me transported to the world of Twilight Saga.

It was about an half hour before dusk. Just a block away from my home, I looked up to see some birds return to their home in flocks as usual. And lo! What should I behold? A Bat was looming a dozen or so feet right above my head.

I'm dead sure it was the nocturnal creature. For who can mistake a Bat's wings. It seemed to travel east with two ravens, but never have I seen a Bat so close before. Plus,there are notorious for their hideous nature, their dark and damp living conditions, and being out only after dark.

So seeing them in falling daylight and for the first time in my town left me unsettled. Was my town now attracting blood thirsty vermins? Has the incessant rain of a fortnight dampened our conditions so? God! Help us!

And just as I was ready to shake my head of these disturbing thoughts, for what else can I do?, I saw another smaller Bat circling the sky lazily. How was I to ignore it again?

I had to only turn around the corner and face the horizon. There right before my eyes, even as sun set calmly behind me, the full moon loomed eerily in the sky- a deep bloodshot red, and looking sinister and brooding.

Isn't it how vampire colonies, haunted houses and evil grounds depicted in movies and novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment